Affidavit of Lost Stock Certificate

The Affidavit of Lost Stock Certificate is used by a stockholder to certify to the issuing company that their stock certificate is lost.
If you have lost your stock certificate, you should first contact the issuing company to advise and ask for instructions.  Call the corporation's headquarters and ask for their "investor relations" department.  With smaller companies, contact the corporate secretary.
Some companies, especially those with publicly traded stock, may have their own affidavit form for you to use.  If the company does not have its own form, you can use this one.
Upon receiving the affidavit (along with a bond, when the company requires it), the company should issue a replacement certificate.

When You Need It
-The Affidavit of Lost Stock Certificate is used when a stockholder loses his or her stock certificate and needs to have a duplicate certificate issued.  
-This Affidavit may be used by almost any kind of stockowner, including an individual, corporation or partnership.  
-This Affidavit may be used if you are trying to get stock reissued with respect to an owner who is deceased.

Getting Started

You will need:
-The name and address of the person reporting the loss of the certificate.
-The exact name and address of the company which is being asked to issue a duplicate certificate. 
-All available information on the lost certificate, including full name of registered owner and manner of ownership, stock certificate number, number of shares, and issue date.
-Name and address of company supplying the indemnity bond, if any. 

When to Review and Revise 
-To correct information contained in the affidavit.
-To report the loss of any other certificates. 


-More information is available regarding this document by clicking here.