Corporate‎ > ‎

Certificate of Incorporation

- This Certificate of Incorporation is used by an individual to form a new corporation in Delaware or in one of the numerous states following the Delaware corporation law.
- While it is not necessary to hire a lawyer to form a new corporation, it is highly recommended.  A lawyer can help you determine the appropriate state for incorporation, and can help you identify particular matters that should be addressed in the certificate or articles of incorporation and other documents.  A lawyer may also be able to advise you on the appropriate number of shares of authorized capital stock.
- The Additional Information for this document provides more guidance on forming your own corporation.

When You Need It
- Used to form a new corporation in Delaware or in another state that has adopted a version of the Delaware corporation law.

Getting Started

You will need:
- Name of the corporation.
- Location of the registered office of the corporation.
- Information on stock to be authorized.
- Name and address of Incorporator.

When to Review and Revise 
- To correct the information contained in the certificate.
- To draft another Certificate of Incorporation.